Sunday, January 30, 2011

Things that look great on my frame

And these are the things I love and have committed to in holy matrimony.

Wrap dresses a la DvF
It is very hard to find things that define my waist as well as a wrap dress. They are body-conscious without being questionable, and I just could not live without the six or so I have in my closet. The wilder the print, the better. I always have something to wear. I can just throw one on and feel great. In wintertime, you will always find me wearing one over pants. I will be trying one with OTK boots on Tuesday (although it is supposed to be all of 1 degree when I go into work, so that might change).
 I always look so annoyed lol. DvF hmm I am thinking Fall '09 but don't know for sure.

Fitted sleeveless tops close-fitting arm holes are key. The Jason Choi top always gets compliments! My favorite top ever.

 Anna Sui for Target Fall '09 Love this top. It has nice high armholes and a back zipper, and the material is slightly sheer with a bit of foil woven in.

Richard Choi for Target hmm Spring 08? This is my absolute favorite piece of clothing I own. I call it my "Clown shirt" because of the orange ruffle. I wear it on any occasion and it always seems to fit in. I wore this the first time I met M's parents! Perfect-fitting piece that doesn't try too hard. Love the high arm holes and the side-zip. Could use an ironing, though! :)

Ann Taylor triacetate tunic, sometime in 2003 or 2004, I remember I got it on sale for $19. I have worn it to death!

Boot-cut jeans or pants (or a even a slight flare) I love those Hollister California jeans. Their 0s fit perfectly. Great 32" inseam. I like an opening of about 18" at the bottom. I need a little built-in hourglass-to-my-pants to give me some shape. 

Low-rise pants that buckle around my hips (too bad I can't tuck anything in without looking odd)

Fitted Button-down shirts (stretch)
Those are hard to find, though. I have had luck at Hollister (stretch/dressy, great patterns!--although some can hit a little short (barely at hip) so you might want to try them on if you are a tall petite) and sometimes American Eagle (cottony/casual) if I can find 00s. Good sleeve length on both stores, too--never too short!

Workout clothes
AE Aerie Yoga pants are absolutely perfect in both fit and inseam (XS regular)

Target's Mossimo Interlock hoodies' sleeves are the perfect length if I can remember not to dry them! And $16.
Target's Mossimo short and long sleeve tops are also perfect (and between $10 and $30; I just to use J.Crew's (on sale) but have since gone Target.

Demi purses
Like my Coaches. They don't overwhelm my frame like my big buckets do. I think I don't need any more purses. I am glad I grabbed up those other colors when I found them.

Steve Madden ballet flats in Kappy
I bought these on sale for $29 at Macy's Winter 2008 and I am upset they have not become a regularly stocked item. I would have paid full price ($59); they are the quintessential low rise ballet shoe. I have 2 pairs but one is slowly dying from too much use. I will soon send it to my shoe man Mike Morelli at Brooks Shoe Service in Chicago who does an excellent job resoling shoes! If you have new shoes you want to keep perfect, I highly recommend his company.


Sandals that cover the beginnings of my toes
I just don't have cute feet. If the tips of the toes stick out, that is fine, but I don't have feet I want to show off. I love these from Vera Wang at Kohl's!

Coats that cinch at the waist
Green GAP jacket
Trench coat

Jewel colors like emerald green, ruby, indigo, violet. Emerald green is my favorite! Kelly green for summer. It just looks so good with dark hair!

No comments:

Post a Comment