Sunday, January 30, 2011

Camera review: Polaroid t1031

I write this review after posting a ton of blog entries with no photos (yet. They are being held hostage). :( My camera just won't hold a charge, and I am starting to think I am getting what I paid for.

I bought a little orange Polaroid t1031 off Amazon a few months back because my old Casio's battery stopped holding a charge. The little guy was $100 marked down to $50 so I jumped on it after reading good reviews. I am not so sure anymore. It is really hard to take clear photos--as you can see on the blog, lots of mine are grainy! I had better luck with my first digital clunker, a 2 megapixel Fuji from 2002.

Also the charger is hard to manage--it seems to be made for use with several different batteries, with different layers and depths, so you really have to know how to insert the battery. Lots of loose space between the battery and the charger. It usually takes me twice as long to charge because the light that goes from "orange" to "green" when fully charged is actually a green-orange color if that sounds possible. Several times I have taken out the battery after several hours thinking it would be charged but nope! Dead as a doornail--just hard to tell the charging/not charging colors apart. I'd show you but my battery's charging :o

I will continue to play around with this guy, but it isn't looking good. I am not very satisfied with its blurry photos and slow snap time. I am still playing around with getting the self timer to work and not take a "moving-car" picture. Not sure what I am doing wrong, but there may be a new camera in my future. And a tripod!

No comments:

Post a Comment