Monday, February 14, 2011

My Honey

Five facts about me & my honey on this day of Sap.

1. We first met on recruitment weekend for the university I am at now (he graduated in May). In fact, this is a photo of us from that weekend, taken by our friend Alyssa (the photog).
 March '08
He is the one with his hand on his hip and a book in his arm. I think that is me with the tan coat, although I cannot for the life of me remember what I was wearing that day--but  I do remember taking the photo.
He & I chatted a little when we were waiting for our respective planes to head home. I remember he was also considering a school in Portland. I assumed he would end up there instead of here. I was surprised when I saw him again later that August!

2. We got officially engaged over text message. 

3. We eloped two months later.

4.We have been in a long-distance marriage since we got married. It isn't as hard as you would think though, with his school load (five 8 week sessions/year) and my research. At least so far. We hang out whenever we can, but we live 6 hours apart so it's about every 8 weeks when he gets a break. I am really looking forward to May 2012!

5. He calls me "Principessa!" in a fake Italian accent from Life is Beautiful. We even have a dish I made nicknamed that. It's angel hair, lemon peel, parmesan, garlic, and butter. It is our go-to dish when we can't think of anything to make. "Do you want to eat Principessa tonight?" He teases me because I can never make it the same twice.

He's my mate!

No comments:

Post a Comment